Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weekend Breakfast

During the week, I do not care too much for big breakfasts. Give me a good (!) cup of coffee and a piece of bread and I am good. However, on the weekends I like to indulge myself a little. Since I am always disappointed when I go out for breakfast (just to clarify – I do enjoy eating out for lunch and dinner) I created/or adapted my own little breakfast heavens. Here is one of them…

French Country Omelet
Cook three thick slices of bacon until crisp. Take the bacon out and cook 1 cup, peeled and cut into 1-inch-dices, Yukon Gold potatoes in the bacon grease until they are brown. Take the potatoes out of the pan. In a bowl beat 4 eggs, a little milk, some chopped chives and add salt and pepper. Clean the pan (take out the bacon grease) and add a little butter. Pour the egg-mixture into the hot pan, add the bacon and potatoes over the top and place the pan into a 350F (preheated) oven for 6-8 minutes (until the eggs are set).
Serve hot (with homemade salsa)
Guten Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment